Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who is CLE Contact Lenses?
- Can I purchase colored contacts if I don't have a prescription?
- What are your shipping policies?
- How do I read my prescription?
- How do you benefit from our Doctor's expertise?
- What is your PREMIERE CUSTOMER PROGRAM?
- Can I purchase one brand if I have a prescription for another?
- How can I be assured that my Credit Card Information will be safe?
- How can I track my order?
- How do I get a Patient Receipt?
- What happens if I find a torn lens when I open my package?
- Where do I send any returns?
- Do I have to pay any sales tax?
- What is your Return Policy?
- Does my Doctor have to give me my prescription?
- Can I order Contact Lenses with an eyeglass prescription?
- How do I get my prescription to you?
- Can you call my doctor to get my prescription?
- Can you send me samples?
- What credit cards do you accept?
- Can you recommend a type of Contact Lens for me?
- According to HIPAA, can an eye doctor provide confirmation of a prescription to the person filling the prescription?
- Do I FAX my prescription before or after I order?
- Q. Who is CLE Contact Lenses?
A. We are a Doctor Owned, operated and supervised Contact lens Replacement company. Our professional staff has over 32 years of Optical Experience. Our
prices are extremely low - we beat the big name toll-free, mail order
services by up to 80%. Our service is excellent and reliable, and we have been awarded 4 stars from Bizrate. We ship only new, fresh contact lenses in original
manufacturers' vials and packaging. There is no membership fee or any other
hidden charges. We urge you to try us, and like most of our customers, you will probably tell
all your friends about our great service and unbeatable prices.
- Q. Can I purchase colored contacts if I don't have a prescription?
A. Contact Lenses come in different sizes and must be fit to your eye
by an eye doctor. In addition, Contact Lenses require a prescription. As a Contact lens replacement service, we cannot sell you
contact lenses that have not been prescribed by your doctor. You
will need to be fit, and successfully wearing your Contact lenses.
- Q. What are your shipping policies?
A. Our shipping policies can be found at our Shipping, Handling and Insurance page.
- Q. How do I read my prescription?
A. You can decipher your prescription at our Prescription Help page.
- Q. How do you benefit from our Doctor's expertise?
A. Every order, and prescription is evaluated to insure that your parameters
are correct and there are no discrepancies. If one of our doctor's detect a problem, your doctor is contacted for clarification or correction. This is one of many unique
services offered by CLE Contact Lenses.
- Q. What is your PREMIERE CUSTOMER PROGRAM?
A. After your initial order, you can enjoy the many benefits of the
PREMIERE Customer Program. You will enjoy the benefits of 1 CLICK EXPRESS REORDERING and 1 CLICK EXPRESS CHECKOUT. In addition, enjoy your PROGRESSIVE DISCOUNT, for every reorder you place, you will
receive an additional 1% discount up to a maximum of 10%.
- Q. Can I purchase one brand if I have a prescription for another?
A. Contact lenses come in different sizes and must be fit to your eye
by your eye care professional. We
cannot sell you contact lenses that you are not already wearing
successfully. You will need to be a successful contact lens
wearer before we can help you. You will need to consult your eye
doctor and get a new prescription before changing your brand.
- Q. How can I be assured that my Credit Card Information will be safe?
A. Our site uses SSL security to
protect any and all sensitive information transmitted to us. SSL security makes
eavesdropping on web traffic nearly impossible. When you use our
secure ordering page, you can rest assured that your sensitive
information and monetary transactions are
encrypted, safe, and secure.
- Q. How can I track my order?
A. Domestic orders can be tracked at our Order Status page, real time.
All international orders are tracked using Global Priority tracking system.
- Q. How do I get a Patient Receipt?
A. Go to our Login Page and Login as a Premiere Customer. Go to the bottom of
your PROFILE page and Click on the link PRINT RECEIPT.
- Q. What happens if I find a torn lens when I open my package?
A. Save the packet that held the torn lens and return the lens to:
CLE Contact Lenses
530 Western Hwy.
Blauvelt, NY 10913
Please include a note, and we will gladly replace the lens at no charge.
- Q. Where do I send any returns?
A. All products are to be returned to:
CLE Contact Lenses
530 Western Hwy.
Blauvelt, NY 10913
It is VERY important to include a note.
- Q. Do I have to pay any sales tax?
A. All Contact Lens products are NOT taxable in any US state.
In other countries, customs or other applicable duties may be required. We do not collect these duties.
- Q. What is your Return Policy?
A. Returns for credit or exchange will be honored if:
- Product(s) are returned within 30 days of receipt
- All Contact Lenses are sealed and unopened
- Product is sent with original packaging
Contact Lenses are classified by the Food and Drug Administration as Class III devices (21 CFR 886.5925). As such federal law prohibits us from accepting any opened products for return or exchange, it's illegal for us to reuse or resell them, unless a product defect exists.
For your protection, items should be returned via traceable mail.
Please help us improve our service by noting the reason for your return. Additionally, it is vital that your return address appears on the outside of the package.
Important - Let us know about any problems as soon as
possible, because all merchandise returned beyond the 30 day
guarantee is subject to a 20% admin1istrative fee.
Q. Does my Doctor have to give me my prescription?
A. Fairness to Contact Lens Consumers Act Signed by President Bush
Specifically, the Act provides these benefits for contact lens wearers:
- Automatic Prescription Release. Directs eye care providers to give
patients their prescription as soon as they've been fitted, whether
or not the patient asks for it.
- Prescription Verification. Creates a workable and fair prescription
verification system for sellers and prescribers and addresses the
practices of some online sellers who do little or no verification.
The Act requires all sellers to verify prescriptions and give eye
care providers an opportunity to respond. If an eye care provider
fails to respond within 8 business hours, the prescription is
- Minimum expiration period. Prescriptions will be valid for a
minimum of one year or the minimum period required by state law --
whichever is greater. The expiration period begins only after the
eye care provider gives the prescription to the consumer.
Any doctor failing to release a Contact Lens Prescription is subject to a $10,000 fine.
Fairness to Contact Lens Consumers Act
Q. Can I order Contact Lenses with an eyeglass prescription?
A. Don't be confused by an eyeglass prescription.
Optometrists are required by federal law to release
eyeglass prescriptions at the time of the exam. They have
different parameters than a contact lens prescription. An
eyeglass prescription will typically contain only three
numbers: power (or sphere), cylinder, and axis. A contact
lens prescription will not usually specify a cylinder or axis
(unless you wear toric lenses to correct for an
astigmatism). A contact lens prescription will usually
include the power, base curve, and diameter (size of the
lens). Make sure you have the right one.
Q. How do I get my prescription to you?
A. You can do one of the following:
- You can FAX your Prescription TOLL FREE to 1-800-878-2207
- You can scan your prescription and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. Can you call my doctor to get my prescription?
A. We can and will call your
doctor for prescription confirmation, however this will delay your order until we do get this confirmation. We have a full compliance staff
that will call your doctor if you request this. FAXing or Emailing your prescription would expedite your order much quicker.
Q. Can you send me samples?
A. By law, we can not send any samples, only your
doctor can dispense samples for you to try. In addition, your doctor will evaluate the fit of these samples to see if they are right for you.
Q. What credit cards do you accept?
A. We accept the following credit cards:
Q. Can you recommend a type of Contact Lens for me?
A. We are a replacement contact lens company, and are a direct to consumer marketer of contact lenses. As a replacement center, we can only sell you contact lenses that have been prescribed by your eye care professional and that you are wearing successfully.
We are not permitted by law to make any prescription recommendations.
Please consult your doctor and we would be more than happy to fill his/her prescription.
Q. According to HIPAA, can an eye doctor provide confirmation of a prescription to the person filling the prescription?
A. Yes. The disclosure of protected health information by an eye doctor
to a distributor of contact lenses for the purpose of confirming a
contact lens prescription is a treatment disclosure, and is permitted
under the Privacy Rule at 45 CFR 164.506.
Q. Do I FAX my prescription before or after I order?
A. First you would have to see your doctor so that he can fit you properly.
Once you have a prescription, place your order first, and then FAX it to us toll free, 1-800-878-2207.